Monday, September 7, 2009
I fell in love with this kit at once! I made use of the recent long weekend to play with them... can't resist! And so I came up with 2 cards and 6 layouts with all these YUMMY goodness and here they are...
Cards, CARDS and Cards!
Miss You Card...
Materials Used: green, black and white cardstock, Graphic 45 Communique Collection-Communique paper, green and brown polkadot ribbons, brown pigment ink, glittered glue and Ranger glossy accents.
Instructions: Cut a 4 1/2 x 5 1/2" piece of green cardstock and fold it into half. Using a script rubberstamp and pigment ink, stamp on the right area of the card. Cut the PEN design of the Commuique paper and adhere it using foam tapes on the left side of the card. Make a knot using the two polkadot ribbons and adhere them on the lower area of the card. Diecut the MISS YOU letters and place them on the right side of the cards on top of the stamped images. Enhance the letters with glossy accents and glittered glue.
Thank You Card...
Materials Used: Graphic 45 Communique Collection-Society Page paper, Teal green cardstock, green polkadot ribbon, WRMK precious metal hardware-buckles and eyelet, glittered glue and Colorbox fluid chalk ink.
Instructions: Using the buttom part of the Society Page paper (including the paper tab...hehehe!), fold it into half. Get a 2" strip of the teal green cardstock, tear on one side of it and ink with fluid chalk ink. Adhere it on the buttom part of the card and top it with the green polkadot ribbon. Embellish the ribbon with metal buckle and eyelet before your permanently adhere it. Place the word THANKS on top of the teal green cardstock and decorate it with glittered glue. Card #2 is done!
Layouts, LAYOUTS and Layouts!
Just Having Fun!
Materials Used: Kraft, brown and green cardstock, Graphic 45 Commuique Collection-Commuique paper, My Mind's Eye Bella Bella French Flea Market-French Flea Market paper, Daisy D's rub on transfers, Prima flowers, center flowers from Ytet, brown polkadot ribbon, Fancy Pants felt shapes and pins-Harvest, blue blings and Colorbox fluid chalk ink.
Instructions: Cut 4 pieces of 3 1/2 x 3 1/2" patterned papers, distress all 4 sides of each piece using fluid chalk ink and adhere them on a brown cardstock. Cut the brown cardstock and adhere it on the right part of the kraft paper. Mat your photo with green cardstock, then adhere it on the left portion. Place the scalloped shape felt on the buttom part of the layout. Now to embellish the page... put the rub on-title on the lower right box. Adhere the brown polkadot ribbon on top of the scalloped felt, bundle up some flowers, blings, a butterfly and some pins under your photo. Then put some blings on the centers of the circle designs on the upper right box. Journaling strips should be place on the right corner of your photo.
Live, Love, Laugh and Eat!
Materials Used: MME Bella Bella French Flea Market-French Flea Market paper, Graphic 45 Playtime Past Collection-Child's Play paper, orange cardstock, black corrugated board, Fancy Pants pins and felt shapes- Harvest, Adorn It cardstock stickers, Colorbox fluid chalk ink, Ranger glossy accents and Tattered Angel glimmer mist-Riptide Blue.
Instuctions: Spray on the glimmer mist on the center of the Child's Play paper. Cut an 8x7" size of Frech Flea Market paper, distress all sides, ink with the fluid chalk ink, then adhere on the right side of the base paper. Cut a 4 1/2 x 5 1/2" corrugated board and adhere on top of the French Flea Market paper. Mat your photos with the orange cardstock and adhere them on top of the corrugated board. Fold the left portion of your base paper going in and secure them with pins. Attach a 6x3" corrugated board on the upper left portion to still attain a 12x12" base. Adhere your strips of journaling on that area. Embellish your page with cardstock stickers on the lower left area and to complete your title, place your diecut letters under the stickers. Top the diecut letters with Ranger glossy accents. Then place the felt shape hearts on the right corner of your bundled photos. And you're done with your second page!
3 of Us...
Materials Used: My Minds Eye Bella Bella French Flea Market-Rouge Bird paper, Graphic 45 commuique Collection-Society Page, Teal Green cardstock, Adorn It cardstock stickers, American Craft Thickers glittered chipboard letters, Prima Callope flowers, All About Scrapbooking pearl conchos, WRMK precious metal hardware buckles, green and brown polkadot ribbons.
Instructions: To save some parts of the base cardstock, cut an 8x8" size in the inner portion of the cardstock, set aside for matting your photo. Cut an 8x11" size on the Society Page paper. Cut a 4x11" size on the Rouge Bird paper and hand tear on side horizontally. Adhere both papers on top of the cardstock, Society Page paper on top and the Rouge Bird on the bottom part. Adhere the Adorn It flower strip sticker on the left portion of the page vertically. Then adhere the two polkadot ribbons vertically. Green one covering the joining area of the 2 patterned papers and the brown ribbon under the green one. Use metal buckles to embellish your ribbons. Then, mat your photo with the left teal green cardstock. To journal your page, cut the right part of the bracket shape journaling sticker and adhere it on the upper right part of the page. Embellish your page with flowers, conchos and brads. Lastly, place your title on the upper right portion of your page.
Her Life's Blessings...
Materials Used: My Minds Eye Bella Bella Frech Flea Market-Sophia and Frech Flea Market papers, brown and rose cardstock, Adorn It cardstock sticker, glittered glue, Ranger glossy accents and Colorbox fluid chalk ink.
Instructions: Use the Sophia paper for your base and cut a 5x4" size on the right side of it, set aside the fallout paper for further use. Then, cut 8x7" of the French Flea Market paper and distress the 4 sides of it. Adhere it on top of the window created to cover it. Mat your photo with brown cardstock and adhere it on top of the French Flea Market paper. Use the 2 strip designs of the Adorn It cardstock stickers and adhere them at the buttom of your photo. Use foam tapes on the swirl design strip to create depth on your page. Get the fallout portion of the Sophia paper and handcut the flowers and leaves, use them to embellish your page by putting them on the bottom part of the photo. Then use the heart sticker of Adorn It and put it on the center of the flowers and leaves. Put glittered glue on the leaves to give it a shine. Journal your page on the lower left corner of your photo. With the use of diecutting machines and dies, cut your titles and adhere them on the upper left area of your page. Top it with Ranger glossy accents to give it an epoxy look. And it's DONE!
New York City...
Materials Used: Graphic 45 Commuique Collection-Classy Correspondence and Commuique papers, orange and black cardstocks, Basic Grey Mini Monos chipboard letters, Antique red acrylic paint, Ranger glossy accents, Tattered Angel glimmer mist-riptide blue, Colorbox fluid chalk ink, Prima Artistry and Callope flowers and brad and EK Success sticko ticket sticker.
Instructions: Trace and cut a bracket shape paper on the Graphic 45 Classy Correspondence paper. Cut an 8x5" opening on the upper center of the base paper. Set aside the fallout portion of the base paper for further use. Adhere an orange cardstock on the back portion to close the opening. Roll the edges of the opening leaving it a distressed look. Mat your photos with black cardstock and punch holes on the top and buttom part leaving it a computer printout paper effect. Spray glimmer mist on the upper left and under the opening portion of the base paper. Adhere your photos inside the created window area. Hand tear a part of the fallout paper and adhere it on the lower portion of your photos. To embellish your page... cut the Liberty prints of the Commuique paper and adhere it on the lower right part of the window with the use of foam tapes. Bundle some ticket memorabillias or stickers. I used the letters NYC as initials of my title, paint your chipboard letters with acrylic paint and top it with Ranger glossy accents once dry. Put flowers on the buttom part of your title. For the journaling... I always love to use strips on my journals. Cut your journals into strips and distress them with fluid chalk ink, then adhere them on the lower center part of your page.
Speak Your Heart...
Materials Used: My Minds Eye Penny Lane-Free Bird "Beauty" Fond Circles Paper and Bella Bella-French Flea Market Paper, Graphic 45 Commuique Collection-Commuique Paper, orange and brown cardstocks, Adorn It cardstock sticker, Pompom brown ribbon lace, foam flowers, Prima Artistry flowers and Callope flowers, All About Scrapbooking pearl conchos, Colorbox fluid chalk ink and glittered glue.
Instructions: From your scraps of cardstocks and patterned papers, cut half inch, 1" and 1 1/2" of strips and then roll and secure each roll. Make at least 17 to 20 pieces of them. Cut 8x 3 1/2" MME French Flea Market paper and 8x 2 1/2" Graphic 24 Commuique paper, hand tear both papers on one side horizontally and distress with fluid chalk ink. Cut "A Specimen" portion of the Graphic 45 Commuique paper. Mat your photo with orange cardstock. And to assemble the different papers... adhere first the cut "A Specimen" paper on the middle top part of the base MME Free Bird "Beauty" Fond Circles paper, followed by the 8 x 3 1/2" MME paper then on top of it, adhere the 8x 2 1/2" Graphic 45 paper on the bottom part of the base paper. Using foam tapes to give a depth on your page, adhere your photo on the right part of your base paper. To embellish your page... adhere the brown pompom ribbon lace on the right side of your photo and another one in between the top and buttom printed papers on your left. Put a 4" double sided tape or put glue under the brown pompom ribbon lace and line up your rolled papers on it. Its your choice to choose the order and sizes of papers to be place, secure them properly so it will not fall apart. Arrange and adhere your bundle of flowers at the buttom part of your photo. You can use conchos and brads to decorate the centers of your flowers. Put the Adorn It cardstock sticker on the left side opposite your flowers. To finish your page... put glittered glue on the distressed papers to give it a shine. And you're done!
Thanks for looking!
Monday, June 22, 2009
Additional materials not in kit: white cardstock, dark blue cardstock, Prima flowers, Kaisercraft rhinestones, satin ribbon, Basic Grey book clip, AL buttons, ink for stamping.
LAYOUTS"PRETTY IN BLUE"
1. Cut 4x12 Adornit Prairie patterned paper and patterns from Pink Paislee Fascinating Irresistible and Adornit Tweet Birdie Swirls. Set aside.
2. Cut 1 inch of the blue pattern of the Adornit Tweet Birdie Swirls paper. Use double sided tape at the back and pleat.
3. Cut in half the 4x12 Adornit Prairie paper, adhere 2 inches apart each other on the white cardstock. Adhere the pleated Adornit Tweet Birdie Swirls strip across, then adhere your photo. Embellish the vertically with the cutout patterns.
4. Embellish with flowers and rhinestones.
5. Stamp three Technique Tuesday Little Labels with black ink on a dark blue cardstock (I just pulled this strip from my scraps).
6. Adhere title and add journaling.
Instructions (this is an 8x8 layout):
1. Cut 8x8 Adornit Prairie paper. Cutout patterns from Pink Paislee Irresistible paper and a strip from Adornit Tweet Birdie Swirls.
2. Cut strips from Moxxie diecut paper and cut freehand scallop. Adhere on the top and bottom edge.
3. Adhere photos and alphas (American Crafts Subway Thickers) for the title, doodle around the letters for definition.
4. Stamp one label with black ink on a dark blue cardstock and adhere. Embellish as desired.
Instructions (this is an 8x8 layout):
1. Cut 8x8 Adornit Blue oval plaid paper, strips from Adornit Tweet Birdie Swirls and Moxxie Scallop diecut papers and patterns from Pink Paislee Fascinating Irresistible paper.
2. Corner round photo and adhere on the page.
3. Embellish with cutout patterns, Cheep Fringe trim, Basic grey book clip and buttons.
4. Adhere American Crafts Subway Thickers for the title and doodle around the edges for added definition.
1. Cut 5x8 white cardstock and fold in half. Adhere 3.75x4.75 Pink Paislee Fascinating Spectacular paper.
2. Adhere cutout flower and strip from Adornit Tweet Birdie Swirls.
3. Stamp label with black ink on Adornit Prairie paper.
4. Embellish with tied Cheep Fringe trim.
1. Cut 5x10 white cardstock and fold in half. Adhere 4x5 Adornit Blue Oval plaid, Moxxie Scallop diecut paper and cutout patterns from Pink Paislee Fascinating Irresistible paper.
2. Stamp Technique Tuesday label with black ink on Adornit Prairie paper.
3. Pleat ribbon trim and adhere.
4. Add AC Subway Thickers Happy Bday sentiment.
1. Adhere 4x5 Pink Paislee Spectacular pp on folded 5x10 white cardstock.
2. Adhere Adornit Blue Oval plaid and Prairie paper and cutout patterns from Adornit Tweet Birdie Swirls. Create flower from cutout Pink Paislee Irresistible paper and adhere.
3. Stamp Technique Tuesday label with black ink on Adornit Prairie paper and mat with Adornit Tweet Birdie swirls (blue pattern).
4. Embellish center of flower with knotted tie using Cheep Fringe trim.
1. Cut 5x10 white cardstock and adhere 4x5 Pink Paislee Spectacular pp. Cut half inch Tweet Birdie Swirls paper (blue pattern) and cut freehand scallop. Adhere on card.
2. Cut patterns from Tweet Birdie Swirls (heart) and Pink Paislee Irresistible paper (leaves) and adhere.
3. Stamp technique tuesday label with black ink on Adornit Prairie paper and adhere on card.
4. Embellish with flowers, rhinestones and Cheep Fringe trim.
Thanks for looking!!! :)
Friday, June 12, 2009
Here are the BREATHTAKING layouts and card from the very talented Scrapbooks Hawaii DT YOYIN MALIG...
1. Cut an inch from two sides of the Rain cardstock. Distress the edges a bit then adhere it to the French Vanilla cs.
2. Next, cut two corners from the MME Bellezo BellaBella paper to frame your photo.
3. Get two pieces of the same journaling card and adhere them on top of each other underneath your photo.
4. Cut some flowers from one of the Anna Griffin flora decorative papers and use them to embellish your layout.
5. Embellish as desired.
"All Spiffied Up"
1. Tear a strip from the AdornIt Dusty Toile Paper. Adhere the strip near the edge of your base cs. Add a ribbon next to the paper strip.
2. Cut a large and a small piece from the Moxxie diecut paper. Place the large piece alongside the ribbon. Place the smaller piece at the bottom of your layout.
3. Using pop-dots, adhere your photo to your layout.
4. Use flourishes to frame your photo or as photo corners.
5. Add title and journaling
6. Place embellishments along the bottom of the photo
1. Cut a strip from the AdornIt (1" width) and the blue Anna Griffin (0.75" width) papers
2. Adhere the two strips onto your base cardstock so that they intersect each other near one end
3. Cut two 1.5" width strips from the green Anna Griffin paper
4. Adhere one of each alongside the first two strips
5. Using white ink, stamp a small leaf pattern repeatedly on a corner of your base cardstock (creating a frame for your large photograph)
6. Place three small photographs along the AdornIt strip and a larger photograph beside them
7. Place journaling stickers in one corner and arrange your embellishments on top
1. Cut a piece from the scallop diecut paper. Cut away the scallops.
2. Cut a journaling card in half
3. Punch out several circles in different sizes from the AdornIt paper and the brown Anna Griffin paper
4. Cut a 3"x 11" strip from the green Anna Griffin paper
5. Cut a 1"x10" strip from the red and blue Anna Griffin paper
6. Adhere the piece from the diecut paper near the middle of your base cardstock
7. Glue the red and blue strip on top of the green strip. Glue them along the middle of the piece of the diecut paper
8. Glue the half of the journaling card along the right edge of your base cardstock on top of the strips of patterned paper
9. Arrange and adhere the paper circles on the left side of the layout
10. Place your photo in the middle of the layout
11. Adhere the three Flora metal clips below the photo
12. Stamp the title near the lower right corner of the layout
13. Using a black pen, draw a border around your layout
Thank You card
Wow! These are totally inspiring creations!!!
Watch out for the May addon kit reveal next :)
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
As the saying goes, it's better late than never. So here are the layouts and cards I did using the APRIL Add-on kit, The Grad.
MOVING UP layout
1. Adhere photos on the Aged Line Black (Adornit) pp.
2. Cut with craft knife some of the flourishes/swirls to overlap some of the photos' corners.
3. Embellish with Kaiser Craft black rhinestones,"diploma" 3D sticker and Prima flowers.
4. Adhere chipboard alphas. Ink the alphas with gold ink.
5. Write journaling.
1. Scallop the edges of the Bazzill Raven cs.
2. Cut 6"x10" of Hanging The Tassel (Adornit) pp and the topmost (striped part) of the Graduates (Adornit) pp. Adhere as seen in the layout.
3. Adhere photos and title.
4. Write journaling.
Congratulations, graduate (8x8)
1. Cut Bazzill Kraft cs in 8x8. Ink the edges with Chestnut Roan and stamp with gold ink.
2. Cut 6"x7" Hanging The Tassel (Adornit) pp, ink the edges with Chestnut Roan and gold ink. Adhere in center of Kraft cs. Also, cut and ink the edges of the cap/tassel/diploma image, this will serve as the title of the layout.
3. Cut 2"x8" Graduates (Adornit) pp, ink edges and adhere as seen in layout. Adhere photo and the "title".
4. Write journaling on a 2"x2.5" Bazzill Lily White cs. Stamp one of the Flea Market Finds Stamp (Technique Tuesday) with gold ink. Adhere as seen in layout. Embellish with Graduation Sandylion Essentials.
5. Cut word strips from Graduation Road Map (Adornit) pp, ink edges and adhere in layout.
6. Finish off with an Off White Fringe (Cheep Trims).
Congratulations! (card 1)
1. Cut 4.5"x11" Bazzill Lily white. Score and fold in half.
2. Cut 4.5"x5.5" Graduates (Adornit) pp and adhere in front of card. Cut 3 pcs 1.5"x2" Graduation Road Map (Adornit) pp. Ink edges and adhere as seen in card.
3. Stamp the Flea Market Finds Stamp (Technique Tuesday), cut and use foam/pop dots to adhere in card.
4. Write sentiment on Bazzill Lily white cs and cut. Use foam/pop dots to add dimension.
5. Adhere black Graduation (Sandylion Essentials) cap.
Design flap with Graduation Road Map (Adornit) pp
CONGRATS! (card 2)
1. Cut 4.5"x11" Bazzill Lily white cs. Score and fold in half.
2. Cut 4.5"x5.5" Graduates (Adornit) pp and adhere.
3. Cut 2"x5.5" Hanging the Tassel (Adornit) pp and adhere.
4. Use sticker alphas for your sentiment and embellish with Black Lace Ribbon (Prima).
Envelope: Add interest to envelope by using a portion of the Graduates (Adornit) pp on the flap.
HAPPY GRADUATION mini-card
1. Cut 4"x4" Bazzill Kraft cs, round two corners.
2. Cut 3.5"x3.5" Graduation Road Map (Adornit) pp, corner round and ink edges.
3. Cut 2"x3" Graduates (Adornit) pp and adhere vertically as seen in card.
3. Embellish with Black Lace Ribbon (Prima), Off White Fringe (Cheep Trims), stamped "happy graduation" words and Flea Market Finds (Technique Tuesday) swirl, flowers and Kaiser craft rhinestones.
You are amazing mini-card
1. Cut 4"x4" Bazzill Kraft cs, ink edges.
2. Cut 2"x4" Graduates (Adornit) pp and adhere vertically as seen in card. Cut 1.5"x4" Graduation Road Map (Adornit) pp and adhere across card.
3. Embellish with Black Lace Ribbon (Prima), rubon, flowers and Kaiser craft rhinestone.
CONGRATULATIONS! (with Happy Graduation tag) mini-card
1. Cut 4x4 Bazzill Kraft cs and 3.5x3.5 Graduatin Road Map pp, corner round. Adhere latter to base cs.
2. Cut 1x4 Graduates (Adornit) pp adhere across the card. Embellish with sentiment on Lily white cs, Black Lace (prima) and flowers with rhinestone.
3. Cut 3x5 Bazzill Lily white and make pouch. You can place a "monetary gift" inside this pouch.
4. Finish off with a doodled "Happy Graduation" sentiment and a small pull tab.
Additional materials not in kit:
AC Thickers, Scenic Route sticker alphas, Prima flowers, Colorbox Chestnut Roan ink, Gold ink, White ink, Autumn Leaves (Rhonna Farrer) rubon, MM and Fancy Pants stamps.
Thanks and God bless you all! :)
Thursday, April 23, 2009